In this episode, rachel, Kendall, and Sarah talk about:
- Making the choice to go into software engineering
- The daily life of a team lead
- How one becomes a team lead, awesome support from Jasmine and others!
- The power of empathy in leadership
- Being able to ask questions across the org
- Approaches to building trust
- Being highly concensus-driven, associating "authority" with top-down directives
- How leaders should always remember they have more to learn
- Just How Very Tired Kendall Is
- That it's important for leaders to be approachable/accessible to people at all levels of the org
- How "Building up relationships in a company is like building up a friendship"
- Learning how to paint, using 3D printed items to practice drawing
- Disrupting the "deciding where to eat" market
You can find Sarah on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-rieger-66617a145/
Special thanks to Mel Stanley for our theme music <3