In this episode, rachel, Kendall, and Brett talk about:
- Realizing you're the facilitator person in your friend group..and in college, and grad school...
- The reality of mechanical engineering not living up to the idea of it
- Getting that first software engineering job with no software engineering background
- The power of networking
- The consequences of having no real management experience
- How being less outgoing/energetic than Kendall affects one's management style
- Leadership based in assembling the Avengers and stepping aside
- Modeling team interactions and desired behaviors
- Hiring a leadership coach and how it was lifechanging
- How authoritarian leadership slows things down
- Surprise beekeeping hobby!
- Biking as a mental health practice
You can find Brett on LinkedIn, on Twitter as @bnekolny, and on the Rands Leadership Slack.
Special thanks to Mel Stanley for our theme music <3