In this episode, rachel, Kendall, and Michael talk about:
- Naming things (and people) is hard
- Getting into the Deep End early on
- The dearth of formal training for managers
- Lengthy tenures and what they imply
- Key strengths of a leader, and knowing how you rate in each
- What it's like to rely only on Slack to communicate at work
- His "you're a wizard, Harry!" moment
- Hating to tell people what to do, hating to have people tell you what to do
- The real definition of managing up
- Giving away your toys, the sign of growth in leadership
- Writing methodologies, and a CHILDREN'S BOOK?!
- How "gravelbiking" is apparently rad
- Memory exercises
You can find Michael Lopp on the internet at http://randsinrepose.com and from thence all the news about twitter, upcoming books, and the like.
Special thanks to Mel Stanley for our theme music <3