Money is all that matters (a Very Special Installment)
Episode 72 · September 16th, 2021 · 52 mins 24 secs
About this Episode
In this episode, Kendall and rachel talk about:
- Spending money on Things and our feelings about that
- Are we the baddies?
- The nature of golden handcuffs
- What is "enough"?
- "Work" as a social outlet
- Contentment vs. satisfaction
- Kendall's wanderlust and associated twitchiness
- Enabling satisfaction for your employees
- Impact and the effectiveness of giving money vs. personal involvement and time
- Whether it's simpler (NOT easier) to be "poor"
- Underlying feelings of guilt/not deserving
- The stress of not being able to make working "good" for one's employees
- Recommendations for (unrelated) books:
- Kendall recommends: James Baldwin's The Fire Next Time
- rachel recommends: Gamechanger and Dealbreaker by L.X. Beckett (and Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Al Switzler, Ron McMillan)
Special thanks to Mel Stanley for our theme music <3