Eric Jorgensen (The Wirecutter)
Episode 3 · June 20th, 2018 · 36 mins 35 secs
About this Episode
In this episode Kendall, rachel, and Eric Jorgensen discuss:
- Is it weird that Kendall goes to https://thewirecutter.com/ before buying any product, sometimes even ones that are not reviewed there?
- Impostor syndrome affects everyone: Eric is a successful self-taught engineer, rachel comes from an astrophysics and English literature background, Kendall has 2 masters degrees in religion...but sometimes (always?) we feel inadequate to the challenge and expect to be found out at any moment.
- When does it makes sense to delegate vs. doing it yourself? Delegate more than you feel comfortable with.
- As a manager, you don't get the instant gratification of turning in a project like you do as a team member, how do you prevent yourself from feeling you have accomplished nothing?
- Leadership feels different when you're working at an agency and responsible for billable hours.
- Eric thinks there's strong correlation between companies with a lack of management and high turnover rate--what do you think?
- Being a leader has helped Eric become more patient? Are you sure? :)
Eric can be found as ericmjorgensen on all the cool (and not so cool) social media platforms.
Special thanks to Mel Stanley for our theme music <3